8.28.2014

Did You Know?

Sometimes
I feel like the world’s stopped turning
Sometimes
When I remember you smiling at me

Sometimes
It was all so simple when we were younger
Sometimes
Everything was beautiful when looked at by two

Sometimes
We used to laugh so freely back then
Sometimes
And sing such silly songs together

Sometimes
Everywhere we ran, an enchanted forest to explore
Sometimes
You made me braver than I ever was alone

Sometimes
But the spell is now broken, we’re at an end
Sometimes
I look in the mirror but don’t see the face you loved

Sometimes
Have I forgotten what it means to be happy?
Sometimes
Trapped as I am, my life put on hold for you

Now and again
The only sighs I give are ones full of regret
Now I know
My heart’s turned to dust, and there’s nothing left

Sometimes
I wonder who let go first, you or me?

No comments:

Post a Comment