1.16.2016

Deep Roller

Tiny bird, all alone
Where are your wings?
Deep breaths and take my hand
As we fall down from the sky

Land in the gutter
Bruised and battered and broken inside
Black and burnt feathers all around me
Such a filthy mess

Kicked to the curb
Snow so soft and cold on my lashes
Drifting past my tear-frozen cheeks
Shivering and numb

Tossed out the door
Treasured memories thrown out behind me
Bent over to gather up what I can
Shaking from the stress

Dropped on the floor
Arms wrapped around me to soften the blow
Curling up tighter but already so small
Aching all over

Smashed against the wall
Bite my tongue and forced to swallow the blood
Teeth rattled loose and my lips quivering
Scared to raise my head

Left all alone
Even a desperate call goes unanswered
No friendly voice and no place to stay
No right path to take

Little bird, all alone
Where are your wings?
Deep breaths and take my hand
As we fall down from the sky

No comments:

Post a Comment