2.18.2016

The Last Stitch

Undo each thread, slowly and with care
Let me see what’s underneath
I’ll make sure to sew it back up
Once I’m done sating my hunger
We fall asleep, breaths soft
Our limbs tangled up and bound together
Until there’s nothing and no one else
I’m the only reality you know to seek
Every thought and hope is mine to own
I cherish this gift until I’m bored
We have lots of fun and laughs
Until the day I eventually break you
What memories do I leave you with?
I know you’ll hold them close forever
Wish it was my arms holding you tight
My warm embrace that could shelter
It’s too bad that this could never last
All our happy plans dashed to dust
But you should know that while it lasted
My love for you was always false
My interest was only for amusement’s sake
You were so perfectly naïve, I couldn’t stop
Until you became perfectly predictable
So, really, it’s all your fault that we ended
I hope you know this as I pull closed
            The last stitch

No comments:

Post a Comment