4.18.2016

Burnt and Broken

So now you’ve finally made it
You’ve achieved the goal
Was it worth everything
You ever gave up to get here

Was it worth it to hurt me
To hurt yourself and everyone
Who ever tried to love you
To throw us all away like we’re

Garbage to get tossed aside
When you’re through, bored
Of me and all the dreams we
Shared that didn’t help you

Pull your way up to the top
Because you come first, I
Completely understand, but
Did you have to give me hope

Why did you promise me
Forever just to take it away
When you changed your mind
Did you ever really mean them

The promises that you whispered
In my ear at nights, the love
You said was mine, and did you
Have to ignore me and all your

Friends trying to be there for
You when things were rough
How does it feel when you look
Around and no one’s there now

So was it worth all the pain
You went through, the fights
And crying that you caused
Burning all your many bridges

No comments:

Post a Comment