7.19.2016

In the Dark - Part 4

It’s dark out.

For a moment, I forget to be afraid. Then I feel something brush against my face and I sit up, horrified and not yet ready to endure what I know are going to be my last seconds alive.

Instead of a monster facing me, there’s a woman sitting by my side. I almost don’t believe it can be possible, but she’s really there. Someone I’ve never seen before. This is the first time I’ve ever met someone new. I want to speak, to ask her a hundred questions at once, but suddenly her hand is on my mouth, silencing me.

Then I remember that there could still be monsters nearby. I try to stay calm, but I’m panting in fear already. I look around, wondering how we can possibly be safe out here in the open where I collapsed during the day.

-----------------------------------------

Want to know what happens next? Check out the full and edited story here on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07FVY71NW.

No comments:

Post a Comment