8.22.2016

In the Dark - Part 5

After the Elder greets me, I am accepted by the rest. It feels a little like coming home, but mostly as though I am in a strange dream. Everything is similar, but slightly unfamiliar at the same time.  Still, I am somewhere away from the monsters, and for that, I am very grateful.

They gather around, asking to hear my story. I am ashamed to admit my own cowardice during the recollection, but none of them blame me for my actions, and it is a balm on my conscience.

Something does confuse me, though, and I have to address it later, after they have shared food and drink with me.

“I must ask, where are the others of your clan?”

-------------------------------------

Want to know what happens next? Check out the full and edited story here on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07FVY71NW.

No comments:

Post a Comment