11.22.2016

In the Dark - Part 8

The hunting group doesn’t go out again right away. I can agree with the sense in this, even though I don’t like it. I want to hunt the monsters again, maybe even to kill one with my own hands this time. But there are members of their clan injured from the last one, and hunting with less than their full available force is nothing less than folly.


So, impatiently but understanding, I wait. In the meanwhile, I learn part of the Elder’s history. She speaks of large settlements I can barely even imagine, filled with more people than I’ve seen in my lifetime. Even a Gathering would not host as many, she says.


No more, of course. Whatever the reason why, once the monsters came, that was the end of large communities gathered together. No need to give the monsters a buffet if they do manage to come across humans. Now, we stick to smaller clans, living in the few safe places left to us.

-----------------------------

Want to know what happens next? Check out the full and edited story here on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07FVY71NW.

No comments:

Post a Comment