1.18.2017

In the Dark - Part 10


This monster’s smaller than most. Faster. When I lunge, it swiftly swerves to the side and then turns around, switching its sight to another target. I twist around and run after it, but it dodges my next thrust. And my next.


You'd think that it would be afraid of being injured, but no, it doesn’t look anything but hungry. I’m getting more and more furious with each failure to kill this monster.


“Forget that one!” one of the others calls out. “Just focus on the ones that we can catch.”


It’s good advice, and I should have already stopped chasing after this one as soon as I saw how fast it can move, but I didn’t. I don’t now, either. Something about this monster’s continuing successful attempts to evade me is infuriating. It doesn’t even seem to care that it’s being hunted.

-------------------------------------

Want to know what happens next? Check out the full and edited story here on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07FVY71NW.

No comments:

Post a Comment