3.26.2017

In the Dark - End


Loneliness. It’s an interesting feeling. When I am lonely, it’s all-encompassing. When I have someone to talk with, I forget how awful I felt before, all alone. At first, I don’t really mind the clan casting me out. I’ve been too focused on my thoughts of anger, of revenge.

Something about the moon tonight, though, makes me realize that I am lonely again. There’s no laughter, no fires to sit around. There’s just me and the darkness. And, always, the monsters.

I’m hunting a small group of them right now. There’s only four, much less than usual, and they all seem of the smaller variety. It’s the perfect opportunity for me to figure out how many of them I can kill during one hunt. Most would think this behavior is insane. After all, the smaller ones are often faster. But I plan to stay up in the trees as much as possible.

----------------------------------

Want to know what happens next? Check out the full and edited story here on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07FVY71NW.

No comments:

Post a Comment