8.20.2017

Teaching You

Harsh and hard is not the only way
Stay a little longer
There’s so much more than you’ve been taught
Let me teach you kindness
Why don’t more people know
That softness will take you further
Because it’s so easy to love
Someone who treats you well
Sometimes it takes so much effort
Just to make a smile
When all I feel like is screaming
But just watch someone’s face
When you’re nice instead
And you'll know it was worth it
The effort of being kind
Makes you feel like a better person
And then soon you are
So stay here for now
I’ll teach you softness
Your eyes are so wide
In wonder and fear
I want you to know
That it’s okay to care
No one’s going to betray you here
Maybe some day you’ll feel safe
You’ll feel lighter than ever before
I know what you’ve been taught
The lessons you learned in the past
Why you flinch when you’re touched
The words you still can’t say to anyone
Harshness hurts, but kindness does too
The difference is in your tears
One is cold and the other is warm
So much it can melt the past off of you
Gentle and slow is the way to go
Nothing is ever the same after
Amazing to relax and to love myself
So wonderful to feel alive again

Harsh and hard is not the only way
Stay a little longer
There’s so much more than you’ve been taught
Let me teach you kindness

No comments:

Post a Comment