10.10.2017

The Riddle

On the cusp
On the edge
Falling over and losing my head
No way to stop, no chance to fly
Nothing to do but fall
Close my eyes and listen
Cries and shrieks and moans
Scratches all up my arms
Telling me there’s nothing to do
No way forwards but dying
So desperate, so filthy
Marks all over my soul
What is pain, what is fear
Clinging to my skin
Change my feelings again
Got to get over all of this
Dive deep, but what a roll
Hanging and choking so slow
It’s time for the fight, no turning back
Put up my fists and surge
Am I feeling anything anymore
There’s a trick to this, but I don’t know
How to let go and survive the fall
Pitfalls everywhere in the quicksand
On the cusp
On the edge
Falling over and losing my head
No way to stop, no chance to fly
High over myself, learning to grow
Maybe one day it’ll all make sense
Shadows of the past are a sickness
What is the cure to my own weakness

No comments:

Post a Comment