10.12.2018

Nothing

When the spotlight comes on
And I don’t know what to say
Because there’s nothing to do
Anymore after what has happened
Nothing to say about what we did
How we let this all go so wrong
Nothing to say about how far we let
This feeling we used to share between us fall
I don’t have any more words to say
My throat has run dry, my tongue is tied
The audience is waiting, waiting forever
Staring at my frozen face on the stage
Wishing and wondering and nothing
Ever comes from all of this trying
Can’t even cry because all my tears are dry
Nothing to do but pretend to fly
A light comes on, but it feels so cold
People clap and laugh, but I’m numb
Not scared, but nothing’s coming out
What can I do to make them understand?
Because when the spotlight comes on
And I stare out at the waiting crowd
Nothing’s going to come out, there’s nothing
Left here for them to see anymore
I try so hard to fill up the emptiness
Want to make something happen today
But nothing ever works, nothing ever comes
There’s nothing to say between us anymore

No comments:

Post a Comment