8.30.2020

That's Fine

Never thought I’d see the day When you’d look at me and say How sorry you are for all the things You said to me over the years

For all the hurt and tears
Little and small and tall
Never thought you’d look me in the eye
And admit that you were wrong 

How to go on from this now
What do I say to these words that come out?
Why are you apologizing to me today?
Are you saying these words just to feel better?

It’s been years, I hardly recognize you
I’ve been living my life, and so have you
To see me now and bring it all up again
I think you just want me to say you’re forgiven

If that’s what you need, then fine with me
I’ve already grown past all the ways you hurt me
You’re a part of my life I’ll never forget
But you’re not my future anymore, and I can’t 

Let you drag me down any further
I need to live for tomorrow and wait for the sun
Can’t tell how happy I’ve been without you
I moved on so long ago, and it’s time you did, too

No comments:

Post a Comment