5.14.2016

In the Dark - Part 2

The image of their teeth will never leave my dreams. More than the sounds of my tribe dying all around me, I’ll never forget the way those monsters all smiled at the feast before them when they finally entered the clearing.

I’m running now. I’ve been traveling constantly for so many days that I’ve lost track. I have very little water, and no food, but I can’t make myself stop. I almost didn’t survive. No one else did. I wouldn’t have, if one of our elders hadn’t pushed me behind him, into the shadows. I’d thought at first that he was just performing some last, desperate act of shielding me from the sight of the monsters starting to tear into our loved ones.

“Go. Climb that tree. Stay still, and when they’re all occupied, go.”

-----------------------------------

Want to know what happens next? Check out the full and edited story here on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07FVY71NW.

No comments:

Post a Comment