2.16.2017

Limits

I got caught up in the tide of
What we could have been
In our past and maybe futures
That we’ve swept away for good

I forgot about me
And all the dreams
I used to lie awake
And wonder about

Everything got tangled up
Knots we couldn’t unwind
Without cutting the threads
Frayed edges dangling limp

Somehow we need to grow
To plant our roots somewhere
Get plenty of sunlight and fresh air
Become something new

One morning I woke up and
Realized I’d stopped dreaming
Forgot all about my possibilities
And that’s just not good enough

So now I need to decide
It’s scary but I think I can
Sew something together from the
Mess we made of everything

Get back to me and
Drop the baggage
Mark this as the date
I create a new life

Because I got caught up in our tide
Drifting out to sea tangled together
Both of us dependent and suffocating
Now I’ll finally learn to swim on my own

I’ll remember my dreams
All those hopes I had for myself
I’ll get back to what I can do
And learn my own limits again

No comments:

Post a Comment