6.16.2018

One Night Encounter

I’m sure that there are worse ways to spend the last few weeks of summer, but being homeless is the worst way that I’ve ever vacationed. I’m walking along a random street, trying not to think about how completely my life’s been screwed over during the past couple of weeks.

I thought that getting my own place for the summer would be the best kind of vacation. A friend of mine agreed, and so we rented an apartment together. Maybe I shouldn’t have agreed to move across the country in order to room with my friend, but hey, it was an adventure, right?

Some fucking adventure. My friend split on me, but not before lying about paying his share of the rent. I came back from hiking one day to find an eviction notice stating that if I didn’t have my shit out of there within twenty-four hours, the landlord would call the police.

I packed up my backpack, all I could carry with me, and left. I was even nice enough to leave my key there, because I figured it wasn’t the landlord’s fault that my roommate was a freaking liar. I have some cash on me, but it’s not nearly enough to get me back home. Maybe enough to eat for another week. So now I’m spending the last of my holiday living on the streets and trying to survive long enough to get the hell out of here. I can’t call my mom, either. She doesn’t have the money to spare, and all that she could do is worry.

About the only good luck I’ve had since then is that I found a job for a week or two, just long enough to earn me enough cash to buy a bus ticket out of this shithole. That, and I got a ride my first day to work from some guy that let me stay at his house the night before in exchange for a blowjob. Not exactly my idea of a good time, since he wasn’t attractive at all, but at least I got a steak dinner out of it, too.

I couldn’t stay at that guy’s place another night, though. Didn’t want to. Since then, I’ve been holed up in a homeless shelter during the night, trying not to think about how many diseases I could catch in a place like that. Beats just trying to find some spot to sleep at on the sidewalk, though. Probably less dangerous, too. Maybe.

---------------------------------------

Want to find out what happens next? Check out the full story here on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07DS69LBD.

No comments:

Post a Comment