6.15.2018

Thorns

No sermon here
Nothing to fear
I know you warned me
Told me the truth
I didn’t listen
Threw away your letters
Drowned out your words
Cut out your kindness
Waiting to catch a break
But still won’t set a date
For telling myself to toss
Out this fantasy life
Really need to get my act together
Need to believe you when you say
I’m doing nothing here but hurting
Bruising my heart once again
So hard to hear the harsh things
You say, painful pricks digging in
I’m bleeding in this shell, sowing
A field of thorns that creep out
Turn my face away from reality
Your voice falls on my closed ears
You try and try to save me
But I’m already starting to drown
I know that I don’t have the time
To make this mistake in my life
Still, I can’t seem to walk away
Bury my heart in this sharp forest
Of thorns

No comments:

Post a Comment