6.12.2019

Not For Sale

I don’t think anyone notices
When I’m not in a good place
No, I know they don’t ever notice
Because they’re always so surprised
When I can’t take things anymore
When I can’t see straight anymore
And I cry out that I’m falling down
But there’s never anyone to catch me
Is it really so hard to believe
That I keep my feelings locked inside
When you spent my whole life telling me
That I was too dramatic and weak
Don’t mind me, got some grit beneath my nails
Some ash in my eyes, burning me
Burying me, making it hard to breathe
Everything I say is not ridiculous
Stop treating me like I’m nothing
Like every word from my lips is
Useless and pointless, quit silencing me
Quit acting like I’m nothing and you’re everything
I’m not buying that anymore, you see
You can’t have me or my integrity
I don’t exist just for you to tease
I’m not for sale and you can’t own me

No comments:

Post a Comment