1.18.2018

Coping

Why am I crying
Why am I sad
Can’t answer these questions
I’m going mad
Dealing with you
Is driving me to drinking
I can’t understand what
You need or want from me
You were so right for me
Until you really weren’t
Then I slowly realized
That you never really were
Now I have to let you go
Cut you loose and move on
But you just won’t leave
My heart, my skin, my soul
My hands refuse to release
I know what’s best, but I can’t
Too weak to heal, too weak to heal
Just hanging around waiting
Why am I sad
Why am I mad
Can’t handle all these damn
Questions and feelings
How to throw it away
How to stop wanting to die
Thinking of living without
Seeing you every day
Your smile means everything
Even more than my blood
More than anything, I think
I just want you to be happy
Do I make you happy
Am I meaningful to you
I guess I’ll stick around
Only if you say so, though


Why can’t I do
What’s right for me
Is this weakness
Am I so selfless
No, it’s selfishness here
I don’t want to find out
Who I am without you
Beside me, keeping me here
Now and then, I picture
Leaving you behind me
But then I can never see
What could possibly happen next
So I’m staying here
Slowly going insane
And you stay, because
You made me this way
Why am I here Why can’t I go How am I supposed to leave When there’s nowhere else to go

No comments:

Post a Comment